Designed to follow on from the Jolly Phonics Student Books 1, 2 and 3, the Grammar 1 Student Book builds on the skills taught in Jolly Phonics, and introduces grammar and spelling rules to improve writing and reading comprehension.
Children are able to work through the Grammar 1 Student book and complete a wide variety of engaging activities, which develop grammar, spelling, punctuation and comprehension skills.
Lessons are provided for 1 Grammar or punctuation and 1 Spelling lesson per week for a year. The teacher is able to support and guide the children with the Grammar 1 Teacher’s Book.
Topics covered include:
- Vowel digraphs
- Alternative spellings of vowel sounds
- Plural endings
- Short vowels and consonant doubling
- Tricky words
- Consonant blends
- Nouns – proper/common/plurals
- Personal pronouns
- Conjugating verbs – present/past/future
- a/an/the – when to use
- Sentences – capital letters, full stops and speech marks
- Parsing – identifying the parts of speech in sentences
- Alphabetical order
Level: Elem. School
Number of Pages: 24
Product Size: 28×21.6cm