Welcome to © “Watch Out!”. This game has been created especially for ESL/EFL learners to help them use basic English in a natural, fun way.
1. The teacher (or leader) deals out 7 cards to each player. The players place their cards face down in front of them.
2. The teacher says to the first player on the left, “Give me one card”. That player hands a card to the teacher who reads it. The player then answers or does what the teacher reads from the card. If the player cannot do what the card says, then the teacher returns the card to the player. If the player can succeed, then the teacher keeps the card.
3. The teacher does the same with the next player, always moving in a clock-wise direction.
4. When a player is left with only one card, he/she slaps the card and says, “Watch Out!” which is a signal the player could win the next time around.
5. The first player to get rid of all the cards receives the #1 Watch Out! card. The second receives the #2 Watch Out! card, etc.
G= Give a card to another player.
T= Take a card from another player.
P1= Receive 1 card from the teacher.
P2= Receive 2 cards from the teacher.
TRADE= Trade one card with another player.
- The teacher can adjust the level of difficulty by giving hints to the players depending on their level.
- The teacher can ask “adult” questions to adult player in italics.
Number of players: 2-6
Age: Elementary school to adults
Product size: (8.8 x 6.5 x 2.2)cm
Contents: 54 cards
Instructions in English and Japanese.